Hi everyone. Diyana here and I’m back here blogging again. This post is basically why I decided to take a hiatus, what has been happening and what is my plan for DiyanaMunira.Com.
What Has Been Happening?
It’s been a while since I went on hiatus. After being inactive since the 3rd quarter of 2021, I decided to do so in 2022. A lot of things have been happening. Here’s the summary:
- My brother & sister-in-law have a son in 2021;
- I reconnected with my high school friends;
- I have been promoted from senior executive to manager;
- I have been going on trips to Vienna and Istanbul with my family;
- I am more involved in the standup comedy scene;
- I launched my venture called MMLLO Studio on Gumroad providing free loose templates for digital planners (watch this space. More content coming up soon); and
- I secured my first poster design gig (not really but yeah).
Why Did I Go On Hiatus?
Other than the whole I have been busy and overwhelmed with work and the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown is affecting my mental health road, I feel that I was not being sincere in blogging in the past. All I wrote was basically copying the style of famous curation sites such as Buzzfeed. I was trying too hard to become just like other successful lifestyle bloggers without being myself.
Don’t get me wrong. All of my blog post ideas are 100% mine. It’s just the way of writing and formulating the title. I was too focused on the Headline Analyser score to the point I made my headlines too ‘Buzzfeed’ for my liking. I began to slowly detest blogging and slowly ventured into other content-creating platforms like TikTok and just focus on my offline life.
What’s My Plan?
First, I will be more sincere in my writing, this includes mixing up a bit of English with Malay. I will also add some cheeky comments (or at least try). Am I going to monetise this? Yes but in my own way. How? That one I figure out later.
My focus niche will be:
- Self-development (cause we’re all work in progress)
- Fashion & Beauty (well, I occasionally like to dress up)
- Personal anecdotes about gaming and entertainment (I’m an in-house legal counsel and I have opinions)
- A bit of personal finance (As a young adult, I want money and I like money)
- Food (I am a Malaysian after all. Eating is our pastime.)
- Travel stories (As a typical millennial, I like to travel)
What I won’t do even though I’m crazy, I’m just not a monster to do it:
- Opinion on politics and current issues (While I try to keep up, it gets overwhelming)
- Discussion on tech (I really like tech development and am interested but I am not well-versed to explain)
- In-depth analysis of cryptocurrency and any other form of investment products (Despite investing in insurance, robo-advisor, shares and ETFs, I feel that this topic is not my style)
- News (This is not a news portal and I am not a reporter)
So, watch this space. I will be posting more soon.